Ginger candy is one of the popular products of ginger origin which is commonly used for various small scale and large scale industries. With respect to the other types, ginger root can be used for health and production processes and as an ingredient for a number of recipes. The ginger candy is the most lovely candy types which surpasses other candy types both in internal content and benefits. Even though the candy recipe can take a long period of time, the candies are perfect! Just follow the following fine recipe and enjoy!
Main Ginger Candy Ingredients
- 2 Cups of 1/8 inches thick and 1 inch wide Sliced Ginger
- 8 and half cups of water
- 2 Tea Spoons of Lemon Juice
- 8 Tea Spoons of Salt
Ginger candy preparation methods
- All the ginger slices should be immersed in enough water so fill it until the all the slices are submerged.For 5 or 6minutes,boil the sliced mix with an intermediate heater.
- After enough heating and mixing process,remove the water in the pot and drain the sliced one (This process should be repeated for 3 to 4 times for each slice bundle and for the remaining spices). This procedure is applied to remove or weaken the hotness and ready for the next candy ingredient.
- After that each spice should be pocked using fork or other suitable blades and using paper towel, blot the excessive moisture content carefully. The pocking and blotting process will help the ginger slices to absorb the syrup thereby adding the candy sweet and other flavors without difficulty.
- Take a pot and add 1 and half Cups of Sugar, 2 Tea Spoons of Salt, 2 Cups of Water, and 2 Tea Spoons of Lemon Juice.Mix the content thoroughly and boil over adequate medium heater.After the boiling process, the mix should be in simmer for about 2 minutes and allow the mixture to cool.
- Take an airtight cap glass jar and put the ginger slices into it. Then, pour the syrup slowly on the top of the slices.Put the mix of the syrup and the slices in a safe dry and cool place and leave it there for an overnight. Then remove only the syrup into a pot and add 2 Cups of Sugar and 2 Tea Spoons of Salt. Bring this to a boil in medium heat and let it simmer for 2 minutes. Cool this mixture and then pour it over the pieces in the glass jar to increase the long lasting preservation of a final candy.
- Again after tightly cover the jar; let it remain for one overnight in a dry cool place so that a brand new candy can have all the requirements of candy solution.On the following day, slightly remove the syrup in the pot and add the following new ingredients instead. Half Cup of Sugar and two tea Spoons of Salt.After that bring the mixture to a boil on medium heat and let it simmer for 2 minutes. This time, however, we let the jar stand in a cool place for 2 nights to make the candy ginger best.After two days, take the mixture of ginger slices and syrup and make a strain and then discard the syrup.
- Place the ginger slices side by side through a foil lined cookie sheet to have a defined form.Next, dry the mix either by sun heat or oven having a lower heating level.Continue the drying process till the pieces are completely dry and have a final glazed candy look.Last but least, toss the remaining of the sugar with the previously dried pieces and prepare the candy to the desired person.Then the ginger Candy is ready to roll!